Social Media Links NWICC Twitter Link NWICC Facebook Link NWICC LinkedIn Link


Additional Financial Resources

GAP Tuition Assistance Program

The following Continuing Education courses have been approved for Free Tuition Assistance:
• 30 Hour Welding
• 49 Hour Welding
• Crane Operator Certification
• Emergency Medical Technician
• Certified Nurse Aide
• Medication Aide
• Heavy Equipment Operator

Since non-credit programs are not eligible for federal aid, the GAP/PACE Tuition Assistance Programs bridge the funding gap for those students pursuing short-term certificates. Tuition assistance is available to qualifying students through NCC’s GAP/PACE Tuition Assistance Program.

If your total household annual income falls below 250% of the 2017 Poverty Guidelines, you may be eligible for assistance. Once approved, you will be required to complete the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) exam. Free GAP/PACE tuition assistance limited to ONE course only per person.

PACE Funding
PACE funding can support both non-credit/continuing professional education programs and credit programs at NCC.

PACE participants are generally non-traditional students who are supporting/co-supporting themselves & their family and MUST meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
• Low skilled
• Earning total gross household income at 250% or below current income guidelines (See 2017 Guidelines)
• Unemployed
• Underemployed
• Dislocated worker

Family size is determined by blood relation to the applicant or marriage to the applicant, and eligible household members should be residing with the applicant. Dependents as claimed on taxes are included.

PACE funding is meant to supplement, not replace, current forms of financial aid you may be eligible to receive. You will be required to complete & file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

If you are claimed a a dependent on your parent(s)' tax return, you will be required to submit their tax return/income documentation. This can make it more challenging to meet the Income Guidelines listed above.

Granting PACE funds will be based on an individualized, need-based approach. PACE funding at NCC is available to eligible participants as secondary or supplementary funding. All grants, scholarships, and sponsorships will be applied to the eligible expenses first.

Once PACE approved, participants remain approved until they graduate or drop out, so long as they are actively pursuing a degree at NCC with no lapse of attendance for more than two semesters in a row.

PACE funding limits may change at any time or may no longer be available depending on funding availability.

To determine if you qualify for GAP or PACE, you will need to do the following:
1. Complete & submit the Initial Eligibility application form
    • GAP-PACE Initial Eligibility form
2. A Pathway Navigator will contact you regarding your eligibility status. If it appears that you may qualify, you will be asked to complete the GAP-PACE Verification form, provide income documentation, and meet with a Career Pathway Navigator.
    • GAP-PACE Verification form
3. If approved for PACE funding, you will also be required to read and sign the PACE Funding Disclosure Agreement
    • Disclosure Agreement form
4. Personal Assistance Request Form
    • Personal Assistance Request form

* Spanish application forms are available upon request.


Career Pathway Navigator
• Phone: 712-324-5061 or 800-352-4907

Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services
The Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services (IVRS) provides financial assistance to eligible persons with disabilities to overcome impediments to employment. For more information, contact a IVRS counselor in your area (Sheldon Office 712-324-4864, 1022 3rd Avenue) or the Financial Aid Office.

Iowa Workforce Investment Act
The Iowa Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) provides assistance to people experiencing significant barriers to employment. Funding may be available for retraining eligible students. For more information contact the WIOA counselor in your area (Spencer Office 217 W. 5th Street P.O. Box 1493 712-262-1971) or the Financial Aid Office.

Scholarship Opportunities
The Northwest Iowa Community College Foundation offers many scholarship opportunities for students attending Northwest Iowa Community College. Complete information regarding individual scholarships is found in the current Northwest Iowa Community College Foundation Scholarship Opportunity Guide. Hard copies are available through the Foundation Office or Admissions Office at NCC.

• Call 712324-5061 or 800-352-4907