Veterans Educational Benefits
The Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty (Chapter 30), the Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606), the Reserve Educational Assistance Program – REAP (Chapter 1607), Veterans Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation Program (Chapter 31), Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33), Veterans Education Assistance Program—VEAP, and Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35) provide educational benefits for veterans attending NCC. Information concerning veterans’ educational benefits and applications may be obtained from the Registrar.
Iowa National Guard Educational Assistance Grant
This grant provides awards to Iowa National Guard members. The amount of benefit awarded is based on the student’s cost of tuition (not fees). Eligibility is determined by the Iowa Adjutant General and a new application must be completed each year prior to July 1 for the fall term and December 1 for the spring term. Eligibility requirements include being an Iowa resident, a member of an Iowa Army or Air National Guard unit for each term the member receives benefits, satisfactorily completing required Guard training and maintaining satisfactory performance of Guard duty and pursuing an undergraduate degree and maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
- Veterans Affairs (VA) general information: 888-442-4551, St. Louis RPO
- Monthly verification
- Verify on WAVE OR call 877-823-2378
- NOTE: Chapters 35 and 31 do not have to call in monthly verifications
- Iowa National Guard
- State Education Officer: Captain Donald Enright, 515-252-4468
US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Tuition Assistance Applications:
- State Tuition Assistance
- Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) – Before submitting tuition requests for approval please contact the Business Office at NCC to be sure the tuition and fees calculations are correct for timely processing.
- State of Iowa Veterans Affairs
NOTE: Active duty military personnel and military service veterans attending a Northwest Iowa Community College, as well as their spouses and dependent children, are considered to be Iowa resident for admission, tuition and fee purposes. For further information, please contact the Registrar