Northwest Iowa Community College is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission
Northwest Iowa Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
The Iowa Department of Education
- Final NCC State Accreditation Interim Report 2021
- Final NCC State Accreditation Report March 2016
- Interim On-site Visit March 15-17, 2010
Northwest Iowa Community College has been approved by the state of Iowa to
participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). NC-SARA is an agreement among member states that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. The agreement makes it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state. Student complaints concerning online courses and programs that have not been resolved by Northwest Iowa Community
College may appeal to the Iowa College Student Aid Commission by calling 877-272-4456,
or Click Here.
In 2012, Northwest Iowa Community College received accreditation and certification for our concurrent enrollment programs from the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP).
Specialized Accreditation of Academic Programs:
- Automotive Service Technology programs are accredited by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF)
- Nursing programs (PN, Extended PN, ADN, Extended ADN) are approved by the Iowa Board of Nursing
- The Radiological Technology Program is accredited by The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
- The Health Information Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)