The Learning Center is located in Building A and provides students and prospective students at NCC with free tutoring by our staff. The Learning Center has a computer lab, study rooms and testing accommodations.
Prospective students can also learn about the Placement test.
For prospective students who may want to improve their skills, Developmental Courses are also available.
Fall and Spring Term Hours
- 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday–Thursday
- 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Friday
Summer Term Hours
- 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday–Thursday
- 8 a.m. – 12 noon Friday
Tutoring for NCC’s college and high school courses is free to students (including online students or those from other colleges taking a class at NCC).
Tutoring can be done one-to-one or in small groups.
No appointments necessary!
Students who want to improve a specific skill or knowledge about a subject can take developmental courses.
For more information, send an email to the Learning Center.
The Learning Center offers proctored testing to students.
A picture ID is required for all testing.
Supervised testing enables:
- Students to make-up tests.
- With instructor approval, students may take a test through the Learning Center.
- Online students from NCC and other colleges/universities to take on-line tests.
- Individualized high school equivalency testing.
- Students may complete their high school education and receive a High School Equivalency Diploma from the Iowa Department of Education.
- Individuals with learning disabilities to receive help from our staff.
Proctored State Certified Tests include:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Medication Aide
- Medication Manager
- Mortuary Science
Students can take vocational courses through the Learning Center with the approval of the Instructor, the Division Dean, and Student Services.
With faculty approval, the Learning Center will read and/or write tests for students.
The computer lab contains computers and other state-of-the-art technology.
Study rooms provide a quiet place for individuals or groups to work.
All of these resources are available for students at no charge.
For more information:
- Stop by NCC’s campus and come to the Learning Center
- Give us a call at 712-324-5061 or 800-352-4907
- Email the Learning Center