Online Programs Available at NCC
Associate of Arts/associate of science
Includes the emphasis available in:
• Agriculture Business
• Agriculture Education
• Animal Science
• Criminal Justice
• Early Childhood Teacher Licensure
• Elementary Education
• Exercise Science and Kinesiology
• Political Science
• Secondary Education
• Social Work
• Business (completion of first year of Business Management program)
• Clerical Accounting (completion of first year of Accounting program)
• Information Technology Specialist (completion of first year of Information Technology Specialist AAS program)
• Medical Coding
• Pharmacy Technician
• Virtual Office Assistant (completion of first year of Virtual Administration Management program)
• Web and Graphic Design (completion of first year of Web & Graphic Design AAS program)
• Digital Marketing for the Graphic Designer (option under Web & Graphic Design program)
• EMT (option under Paramedic program)
• Entrepreneurship (option under Business Management program)
• Health Records (option under Health Information Technology program)
• Help Desk Technician (option under Information Technology Specialist program)
• Introduction to Adobe’s Creative Cloud (option under Web & Graphic Design program)
• Introduction to Designing a Webpage (option under Web & Graphic Design program)
• Leadership (option under Business Management program)
• Management Supervision (option under Business Management program)
• Marketing (option under Business Management program)
• Paramedic (option under Paramedic AAS program)
• Pharmacy Technician (option under Pharmacy Technician diploma program)
• Small Business Management (option under Business Management program)
• Web Development (option under Web & Graphic Design program)
Don’t have time to come to campus?
You can take classes or earn your degree online!
Our online students can choose from over 750 courses and multiple programs! NCC, as a member of the Iowa Community College Online Consortium (ICCOC), provides an extensive schedule of classes every semester.
When you take an online class, you might work with our instructors or with an instructor at another participating community college. No matter where your instructor is, you earn your college credits through Northwest Iowa Community College.
You do not have to take all of our classes online. Many of our students blend their program with some online and some on campus. Our goal is to meet your needs!
What Our Students Say
- Courses run by terms. Most courses set weekly deadlines and not strictly self-paced.
- You will purchase a textbook, or in some cases your embedded content is purchased when you enroll.
- No matter who teaches the class, you are a student at Northwest Iowa Community College. All the support services available to campus students are also available to you–support from academic advisors, the library, tutoring services, the College Store and the distance learning team are at your service.
- You can apply online but must talk to an advisor before registering. This process helps you take the right course to complete your educational goals.
3 Steps to Enroll Now!
Check with your current institution/advisor to make sure that this course will transfer back as needed for your degree plan.
Call: 712-324-5061 or 800-352-4907
Northwest Iowa Community College has been approved by the state of Iowa to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA).
NC-SARA is an agreement among member states that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. The agreement makes it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state.
Student complaints concerning online courses and programs that have not been resolved by Northwest Iowa Community College may appeal to the
Iowa College Student Aid Commission by calling 877-272-4456, or Click Here.