Construction Technology General Info
- Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Four Semesters & One Summer Term
- Fall semester entry only
- Possess math skills
- Communication skills
- Computer skills helpful
- Team player
construction technology program outcomes
• Read and interpret a set of blueprints for a residential home project.
• Explain the “House as a System” approach to residential construction.
• Explain and demonstrate building techniques including those that would be considered Energy Efficient or ‘Green’
• Estimate material and equipment needs to perform a project.
• Demonstrate the ability to work on a TEAM.
• Demonstrate the ability to properly operate stationary and portable power tools.
• Demonstrate good safety habits.
• Understand business disciplines and functional skills critical to their roles as professionals in the business environment.
• Understand the importance and use of finance in different types of business organizations.
• Identify, analyze, and solve business-related problems and opportunities and make effective decisions.
• Demonstrate leadership and managerial competencies.
• Understand and use technology as a tool of effective business practices.
• Apply business law.
• Understand threats to business and know techniques to reduce or eliminate occurrences.
• Exhibit personal development, global perspective, critical thinking, written and oral communications, and math knowledge and skills.
Frequently Asked Questions
Student Story Ian Stoever
“I built a lot of theater sets in high school and really enjoyed doing that. At NCC I love the hands-on learning and theHabitat for Humanity trip we took to Nashville!”
The Financial Aid Office will work with you to reach the goal of attending college. Federal and state programs, scholarships and other funding sources, may be available to help you to afford college. We know there are a lot of questions and stress planning to pay for a college education. The Financial Aid Office staff administers aid programs and counsels students in planning individual methods of meeting college costs. Contact the Financial Aid Office for answers to any questions regarding financial aid. What are you waiting for? Let’s get started! Northwest Iowa Community College follows a nationally accepted philosophy in administering financial aid programs.