Business Office

Welcome to the Business Office’s webpage. We are located in Building A, across from the library. We are here to help you with your statement, paying your balance, getting a meal plan, setting up a payment plan, sponsorships, and more.  Please see our “how to” videos below as well as our FAQ’s.

For questions call the Business Office at 712-324-5061 or send them an email


What are the hours for the Business Office?

Fall and Spring Term
Monday through Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm

Summer Term (June – mid July)
Monday through Thursday 7:30am – 4:30pm
Fridays 7:30am – 12:00pm.

When is tuition due?
NCC’s policy states that tuition and fees are due on the first day of class, financial aid be in place, or a Nelnet Payment plan in place.

Will I receive a bill in the mail now that I am registered for classes? 
NCC does not mail bills prior to classes starting. It is the student’s responsibility to view their bill in their Student Self-Service page found on their NCC MyPlace. Please refer to the video How to View & Pay Your Bill.

Does NCC offer a payment plan?
A payment plan program is available through Nelnet Business Solutions. Please click here to view more information on the current payment plans.

1) Payments for the Nelnet Payment Plan are automatic and will process on the agreed upon dates of the payment plan you chose. You do NOT have to make the payments yourself.

2) To ensure the payments process successfully, please be sure to have the required available funds in your account and let your bank or credit card processor know that you are signed up for this payment plan, the payment amounts, and the payment dates.

Does NCC charge a late fee?
Yes, NCC charges a $35.00 late fee on all past due balances. To avoid this late fee, please be sure to pay your bill by the first day of class, have your financial aid in place, or sign up for a Nelnet Payment Plan.

How do I make payments on my account?
You can make your payment in person at the Business Office window, over the phone, or by logging into your NCC MyPlace. Please refer to the following video on how to view and pay your bill.

What if I have a 529 plan paying my tuition?

Payment is due the first day of class so make sure to plan ahead. Usually you need to send in a statement of the charges, which can be found on their Student Self-Service page found on their NCC MyPlace. Make sure the check has their student ID # on it. This can be found on their statement. It can be mailed to:

Attn: Business Office
603 West Park St
Sheldon, IA 51201

Why do I have a Business Office hold on my account?
Business Office holds are placed on student accounts that are delinquent on making payments. Unless a payment plan or financial aid is being used, all payments are due by the first day of class.

If I have a Business Office hold on my account, what actions should I take in order to get the hold released?
Contact the Business Office at 712-324-5061 or 800-352-4907. All past due balances must be paid to enroll in future classes, obtain transcripts, or receive your diploma.

What if I drop my classes? Will I receive a complete refund?
The only way to receive 100 percent of the tuition charges is if the course is dropped within the 100% refund period. For more information, refer to the Drop/Add course in Canvas.

Who may obtain information on my student account?
No one may obtain information on your student account without your written permission per FERPA guidelines. To obtain the release of information please fill out the attached for and return to Student Services Release of Information Form.

What do I need to provide if I am being sponsored by my employer or business?
This agreement, Student Sponsorship Agreement, will need to be completed by the sponsor and turned into NCC within the first 14 days of class(es). The completed agreement must be sent directly from the sponsor, not the student. It can be sent via email to or mailed to:

ATTN: Business Office
603 W Park St.
Sheldon, IA 51201

The agreement CANNOT stipulate that the sponsor will only pay if a certain grade is attained in a course. If this is the case, the student will be responsible for the charges upfront and will need to submit proof of payments for reimbursement from their sponsor on their own after the course is completed.

What is a sponsored billing?
Sponsored billing occurs when your employer or a third party is paying your bill, or a portion of your bill, on your behalf. Instead of your statement reflecting the full tuition and fees, it will indicate the dollar amounts for the charges for tuition and fees and the credit amounts the third party has indicated that they are responsible to pay.

How do I obtain a receipt to submit to my employer?
Statements are available via your Student Self-Service.  Please refer to the following video.

How do I know if I have a credit balance?
You may have a credit balance on your account due to excess financial aid or from over-payment. Sign into your NCC MyPlace and view your bill. If your balance shows a negative amount, that means you have a credit balance on your account.

What can I charge to my credit balance?
You can charge books at the NCC College Store, a meal plan through the NCC Cafeteria, and meal tickets for the NCC Cafeteria. With prior approval, you may also be able to purchase required tools from the NCC parts department.

How do I use the credit on my account to purchase textbooks and supplies or a meal plan?
View your account balance by signing into your NCC MyPlace and view your bill. As long as your balance shows a negative amount (credit), the College Store may charge right to that for any textbooks or supplies that you may need. To charge a meal plan to your account, you will need to stop at the Business Office window or email

May I keep a credit balance for future charges?
No, credit balances will automatically be refunded to you.

How will I receive notification about my refund?
Watch your NCC email as you will receive notice from the NCC Business Office if you have a financial aid refund available. Refunds are processed as checks unless the student has enrolled in direct deposit. To sign up for direct deposit, please refer to the following video.

My payment via check has been returned due to insufficient funds. What happens next?
You must pay the full amount of the returned check, along with a $25 returned check fee. This must be paid by cash, money order, credit card, or debit card at the NCC Business Office. We will not accept another check to pay for a returned check. If your account is not cleared, a hold will be placed on your account and the returned check may be turned over to our collections agency.

How do I pay my bill by mail?
When paying your bill by mail, be sure to include the student’s name and ID number. Payments can be mailed to:

Attn: Business Office
603 West Park St
Sheldon, IA 51201

If I have the Nelnet payment plan can I pay off my balance early?
Yes, but you need to go into the Nelnet Payment Plan site to do this. Do not go into your Self-Service account to make this payment. You need to do this at least 5 days before your next scheduled payment to avoid a double payment.

How do I obtain my 1098T?
Please watch this video on how to obtain your 1098T.

How do I make a Legal Name Change in My College Records?

Current students, past students, and employees who wish to have the College legally change their name in their file.

More Information