Tuition and Fees
• Tuition and fees will be determined prior to the start of each semester and are subject to change.
Billing & Payment
• NCC’s policy states, your balance is due on the first day of class, financial aid or a Nelnet payment plan must be in place. NCC will assess a late fee to any account that does not comply with this policy.
• Failure to follow this policy will affect your ability to attend class, stay in the dorms, and have use of the LLRC.
• NCC does not send a statement prior to classes starting— it is the student’s responsibility to check their balance on their NCC MyPlace.
• The Business Office accepts the following methods of payment: Cash – Check/Electronic Check – Debit/Credit Card (VISA – MasterCard – Discover).
• Payments can be made at the Business Office, via phone, online, or mailed to NCC.
• If you choose to use the Nelnet payment plan, a new plan is required for each term and can be found on your NCC MyPlace.
• NCC will assess a $30 service charge for all returned checks.
• Civil damages pursuant to Iowa Code §554.3513 will be sought for dishonored checks.
State of Iowa Offset Program
Northwest Iowa Community College participates in the Iowa State Department of Administrative Services Offset Program. This program allows the State of Iowa to apply any funds owed to the student, such as an income tax refund, to any unsettled debt owed by the student to the College.
If you have prior debt owed to the College, you may not register for any new term without approval from the Business Office. Evidence of attendance or other official credentials may not be obtained from the College during the period in which the debt remains unsettled. Indebtedness shall include tuition, fees, books, fines, and any other charges incurred by you and owed to the College.
Northwest Iowa Community College utilizes an outside collections agency for all unsettled debts owed to the College. Any unsettled debts will be sent to the collections agency for processing and this may affect your credit score.
Outstanding Balance Appeals
A student has the right to appeal their outstanding balance owed to the College due to extenuating circumstances. Some of these may include medical, death in the family, unforeseen military orders, etc. Students have one (1) year from the last day of the semester in which the balance is owed to file an appeal. To file an appeal, the student will need to submit the Student Appeal Request form which can be accessed from the student’s Advisor or on the NCC website in MyPlace under Forms. The form must be submitted to the Business Office with in the one (1) year timeframe along with all documentation supporting your appeal. The College will make a decision within 15 business days from when the appeal was submitted. The student will be notified via mail and email of the decision made. For all questions regarding a financial appeal, please contact the Business Office at 800-352-4907.
Account Credit Balances
• Check your NCC email, as you will receive an email if you are receiving a refund.
• Refunds are issued as a check or direct deposit.
o Direct deposit instructions are available in your NCC email or at the Business Office.
• Financial Aid Credit Balances: Refunds are issued weekly beginning approximately 30 days after your classes begin. Student must be attending or making academic progress in order to receive financial aid funds.
• Business Office Credit Balances: Refunds are processed on a weekly basis. Refunds for payments made via check or electronic check will be delayed until funds clear.