Escaping Violent Encounters for Healthcare Providers
Date(s) - April 4, 2023 - April 6, 2023
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Days: T, Th
Escaping Violent Encounters for Healthcare Providers is an 8-hour course covering the basic skills required by any healthcare provider when facing possible, or even imminent assault.
The course content consists of:
- Before you enter the room or home (Pre-Planning)
- Verbal skills to diffuse potentially violent encounters
- Entrance/exit plan
- Recognize the difference between a patient and an attacker/aggressor
- Pre-assault indicators (bystanders, body language, situational survey)
- The 6 D’s (Drugged, Domestic, Diabetic, Deranged, Drunk and Desperate) and what to look for in each
- Legal aspects of self-defense
- Legal aspects of patient restraint
- Mental Preparation (Survival Mindset, Understanding stress and its effects)
- Documentation Skills (Using the DT4EMS Assault Response Form)
- Courtroom Demeanor
- Good Customer Service
- Assault Response Guidelines (levels of force)
- Critical Thinking Problem-Solving
- Escapes from various grabs/holds
- Easy to learn and retain “drills” to reinforce reaction timing
- Training in the 4 specific areas of self-defense
TUESDAY, April 4, 2023 – 6 PM- 10PM
THURSDAY, April 6, 2023 – 6 PM- 10PM
Instructor: Jared Johnson
Please enter Class Participant information below to register for this course.
You will be directed to PayPal for payment, but you do not need a PayPal account in order to register and pay. Payment can be made via PayPal, or you can pay as a guest with your credit or debit card by clicking the grey "Pay with Credit or Debit Card" button on the PayPal login screen.
Registration is closed for this course.