Radiologic Technology Pinning and Graduation July Ceremony
July Graduation Update
We are so excited to celebrate our 2020 summer graduates at NCC with you in person this Friday. We are taking the COVID-19 Pandemic very seriously and, therefore, we have asked anyone that is working at our event to self-monitor for symptoms prior to arriving on campus on Friday, be able to answer screening questions prior to entering any building on campus, and wear face masks when they are within 6 feet of others throughout the day.
We kindly ask that you contribute to our efforts in minimizing the spread of the virus, as well. Before you arrive to campus on Friday morning, we ask that you please ensure that you are able to answer “no” to the following screening questions:
- Have you been in close contact with someone who has a laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis within the last 14 days (within 6 feet for 15 minutes without a facemask)?
- Do you currently have any of the following symptoms that appear to be abnormal to you?
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you feel inclined to wear your own face mask during the festivities, we encourage you to do so!
In addition to celebrating our graduating students on Friday, we hope to continue to do our part, as NCC, to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and ensure that we provide a safe environment for those in our community.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
July Graduation Information
It is with great excitement that we announce Northwest Iowa Community College will be conducting the Summer 2020 graduation ceremonies on campus July 17! It might look a bit different than past ceremonies due to social distancing, but we are confident we can accommodate all of our graduates and celebrate every student’s great accomplishments!
In order to adapt to social distancing guidelines we are splitting our ceremonies into two sections. Graduates from the Radiologic Technology program will hold their pinning ceremony and graduation in Building A rooms 116/119 at 9am. All other summer graduates will have their ceremony conducted at the LifeLong Learning & Recreation Center (LLRC) at 1:30pm.
- Each graduate is allowed to bring up to 5 guests
- Graduates may pick up their free ceremony tickets July 13-16 at the front desk of Building A
- Graduates need to order their gowns as soon as possible. Please go to https://buildagrad.com/northwestiowacc (the website will be updated with Summer 2020 information in the next few days) and follow the instructions to order your gown. You must complete your order by July 1. We understand this is a tight timeline, but we are confident that you can accomplish this task!
- Masks will not be supplied but highly encouraged (all students should have been provided two masks at the beginning of the semester)
- Health related questions will be posted at the entrances of Building A and the LLRC
- Please stay at home if you are sick (students and guests)
- Seating for both ceremonies will be 6 feet apart, but families will be allowed to group together after arrival
- Radiologic Technology pinning and graduation will be recorded and available after the event on the NCC website at https://nwicc.edu/graduation
- The LLRC graduation ceremony will be live streamed on YouTube (link to be provided the day of the ceremony via your NCC email and the NCC Facebook page)
So, whether your family and friends can attend in-person or if they watch you online; you will have the great experience of walking across the graduation platform and hearing your name announced as a NCC graduate! This is a time-honored educational tradition and we are happy to be able to offer the opportunity to experience this with your NCC classmates.
As a campus community we are excited to be able to celebrate your accomplishments with you. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations, you will soon be part of an exclusive group – NCC Alumni!
May graduation Information
Welcome to the World Premiere of Northwest Iowa Community College’s Spring 2020 Graduation Ceremony! Never watched a Premiere on Facebook — we have you covered! Please go to our main Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/NWICC/ and click on the Spring 2020 Commencement Upcoming video “Get Reminder” button, so that you are subscribed to receive a Facebook notification prior to the broadcast. Anyone who subscribes will receive a notification about 20 minutes before your premiere begins. Three minutes before the broadcast, you will received another notification that you can join the broadcast lobby, where you can like, share, and comment in real time before the video debuts. A countdown clock to the broadcast will also appear. As with a live video, emoijs appear on the screen as viewers react to your video. Please comment, cheer, congratulate you student in real-time! So sit back, relax, and ENJOY THE CEREMONY!
Can’t watch at 1:30PM, don’t worry! The video will stay on Facebook and will be posted here along with the Nursing Pinning.
May 4, 2020
Spring 2020 Graduates:
You are almost there — GRADUATION!
Please see the below invitation to your Spring 2020 Virtual Graduation Ceremony! If you would like to send it to family and friends you will find it in your NCC email.
April 24, 2020
Greetings Spring 2020 NCC Graduates,
Are you ready for your celebration?!?
We eagerly anticipate celebrating your accomplishments with you, your family, and your friends.
Although we will not be hosting on-site graduation ceremonies this spring, we are going to celebrate together in a virtual experience as we confer your degree upon you — what a joyful time it will be!
There will be speeches, awards, and recognitions, and of course the awarding of degrees. [NOTE: nursing graduates will celebrate a virtual pinning ceremony, too, and will work directly with Deb K and their instructors on this].
Here are a few things you need to do:
- Step 1: Visit link https://nwicc.gradpak.com/.
- Step 2: Select ‘Virtual Ceremony.’
- Step 3: Enter unique Student ID — this is the beginning of your NCC email address. Everything before the @ symbol — example: johndsmith.
- Step 4: Enter information fields as required.
- Make sure your prepopulated information is correct (in blue). If there are any changes to the information please email Tara Fjeld at email@example.com.
- Name pronunciation – please spell it phonetically or upload a recording of you pronouncing it (say it slowly so we can be sure to get it right).
- Brief statement (100 – 250 characters) — please leave a word of advice, life motto, or word of thanks for your class or someone special.
- Upload a photo (vertical orientation). Please make sure when you upload your image to adjust the photo to make sure your face is centered in the picture. There is a cropping and zoom tool.
- Enter email address.
- Step 5: Submit the form and receive a preview (this should take about 30 seconds). If you see changes that you would like to make on the preview select cancel and make your changes. If everything looks correct select submit (this should take about 20 seconds) .
- Step 6: You will receive an email with a link to download your slide.
Please log in and update your information by May 1st. We understand this is a tight timeline, but we are confident that you can accomplish this task!
We still want you to have the opportunity to walk in a commencement ceremony in the future since graduation is an important event to celebrate with your family, friends, and the NCC family. So, even if you participate in the virtual commencement this spring, we enthusiastically invite you to participate in one of our upcoming on-site ceremonies — either in July or December (2020) or in May (2021), or even further into the future if needed. We will work with you to schedule a date that will work for you and your families to celebrate your success and to commemorate your accomplishments in person, on-site in the time-honored traditions of NCC.
Until then, please log in and update your information and we will see you virtually on May 8, 2020!
With you each step of the way,
–John Hartog III, Ph.D.
Vice President of Student and Academic Services
Financial Aid Information
If you have borrowed federal loans at Northwest Iowa Community College a loan summary statement has been emailed to you. Please review this statement to view your federal student loan disbursements and to see who your loan servicer is. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT that you complete the mandatory Exit Counseling session at www.studentaid.gov . This Exit Counseling session must be completed by May 1, 2020.
We encourage you to view the informational sheet that provides tips on how to manage and repay your loans. You can also view the Tutorial on How To Complete Loan Exit Counseling (see below).
If you have any questions please contact the Financial Aid Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alumni Relations & Placement Office
The Alumni Relations Office will keep you connected to NCC long after you graduate. In order to receive your NCC diploma, get involved with Alumni Association activities, and receive optional job placement notifications, you are required to complete this alumni information form. This form should take no more than five minutes.
Please check to be sure your balance is paid in full by going to your student portal. If you have a balance due, your diploma will be held until your balance is paid in full.
Commencement Update–A virtual celebration
Every year, as a campus community we look forward to celebrating graduation as we take pride in seeing our students achieve their dreams and accomplish their educational goals. For many of NCC’s employees and Board members, graduation is the absolute best day of the year when we collectively celebrate our students’ accomplishments. We understand for some of our students this is the capstone celebration of their scholarly achievements.
It is with heavy hearts that we feel it is in the best interest of our students, employees, and the community for NCC to cancel the May on campus graduation and Nursing Pinning celebrations. Without a doubt, cancelling this year’s ceremonies was a very difficult decision. We know commencement and Nursing Pinning are special traditions. While this semester has been interrupted in ways that we couldn’t have imagined, Dr. Alethea Stubbe, NCC President, along with many others, have been considering how to best celebrate your hard work and accomplishments.
Therefore, the May 2020 graduation celebration will be an all-college digital experience on May 8 to include certificate, diploma, and degree students. There will also be a separate virtual Nursing Pinning. Wherever you are we invite you, your family and friends to participate in celebrating your accomplishments. Although there will not be physical ceremonies in May, we hope to creatively and joyfully celebrate together in a virtual experience to confer degrees and pins.
We want to assure you that upon successful completion of your spring and/or summer courses needed to fulfill your degree requirements, you will be issued your diploma and your transcript will reflect the conferring of your earned academic award. You will be a graduate and an NCC alumnus and nothing can take that away from you.
We do still want you to have that well-earned experience of walking in a commencement celebration or participating in a Nursing Pinning ceremony. These are important events to celebrate with your family, friends, and the NCC family. We invite you to participate in one of our upcoming ceremonies in July or December of this year, or May of next year, or a date further into the future. We will work with you to schedule a date that will work for you and your families to celebrate your success and to commemorate this moment in person in our tradition at NCC.
We encourage you to work hard, finish strong, graduate, and we will celebrate with you now and always in the future!
We will be updating this webpage as we plan a virtual graduation experience for May 8!
Participation in an Upcoming Graduation Ceremony
If you would like to walk in an upcoming graduation please contact Tara in the Registrar’s office at email@example.com.
* If you would like to walk in the July graduation please contact Tara by May 8, 2020.
* If you would like to walk in the December graduation please contact Tara by July 17, 2020
* Please Note: The May 2020 Nursing graduates voted and there will only be a virtual pinning exercise this May. There will not be any future pinning ceremonies for the May 2020 graduates per their request (4-17-20).