We can connect you with an area business to help you gain an onsite overview about what a local career entails.
Steps to a Job Shadow
- Fill out the application.
- Download and print the Job Shadow Application.
- Have your parent or guardian and your school representative sign the back of the form.
- Read and sign with your parent or guardian the Authorization for Participation Form.
- Scan and email the completed documents, or mail to:
Northwest Iowa Community College
Attn: Allie Mouw – Coordinator – Learning Intermediary Network
603 West Park Street
Sheldon, IA 51201
- Upon receipt, an email will be sent to you that confirms the document has been received.
- The Coordinator of High School Partnerships will arrange your job shadowing experience and notify you when to begin.
- Upon notification of a schedule date:
- Call the Coordinator of High School Partnerships at 712-324-5061, extension 630 to confirm the business, date, and time
- Learn where the business is located.
- Wear clothing appropriate to the job.
- Prepare questions to ask.
- Research information on the business.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early.
- Enjoy your job shadow!
- This is your opportunity to explore a field you may want to pursue.
- Evaluate your experience by completing an evaluation form. This form will be sent to you via email from the Coordinator of High School Partnerships.
- Send a Thank-You card to your host (the business/industry).