Choice Over Chance Job Exploration Event
This event will connect you with an area business to help you gain an onsite overview about what a local career entails.
Event is being held on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 with Wednesday, April 1, 2020 as a make-up day if needed.
Can’t make one of our specific job exploration events or you would like more opportunities to explore area careers? We can help you get connected with area businesses at a different time that will better fit your busy schedule.
Generally job shadows typically range from 2-4 hours on one day.
Contact: Allie Mouw – Coordinator – Learning Intermediary Network
603 West Park Street
Sheldon, IA 51201
712-324-5061 ext. 342
Steps to a Job Shadow
- Fill out the application.
- Download and print the Job Shadow Application.
- Have your parent or guardian and your school representative sign the back of the form.
- Upon receipt, an email will be sent to you that confirms the document has been received.
- The Coordinator of High School Partnerships will arrange your job shadowing experience and notify you when to begin.
- Upon notification of a schedule date:
- Call the Coordinator of High School Partnerships at 712-324-5061, extension 342 to confirm the business, date, and time
- Learn where the business is located.
- Wear clothing appropriate to the job.
- Prepare questions to ask.
- Research information on the business.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early.
- Enjoy your job shadow!
- This is your opportunity to explore a field you may want to pursue.
- Evaluate your experience by completing an evaluation form. This form will be sent to you via email from the Coordinator of High School Partnerships.
- Send a Thank-You card to your host (the business/industry).