Choice Over Chance Job Exploration Event
This event will connect you with an area business to help you gain an onsite overview about what a local career entails.
Event is being held on Tuesday, May 11, 2021 and Thursday, May 13, 2021.
Can’t make one of our specific job exploration events or you would like more opportunities to explore area careers? We can help you get connected with area businesses at a different time that will better fit your busy schedule.
Generally job shadows typically range from 2-4 hours on one day.
Steps to a Job Shadow
- Fill out the application.
- Download and print the Job Shadow Application.
- Have your parent or guardian and your school representative sign the back of the form.
- Upon receipt, an email will be sent to you that confirms the document has been received.
- The Learning Intermediary Network Coordinator will arrange your job shadowing experience and notify you when to begin.
- Upon notification of a schedule date:
- Call the Learning Intermediary Network Coordinator at 712-324-5061, extension 342 or email at email@example.com to confirm the business, date, and time.
- Learn where the business is located.
- Wear clothing appropriate to the job.
- Prepare questions to ask.
- Research information on the business.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early.
- Enjoy your job shadow!
- This is your opportunity to explore a field you may want to pursue.
- Evaluate your experience by completing an evaluation form. This form will be sent to you via email from the Coordinator of High School Partnerships.
- Send a Thank-You card to your host (the business/industry).