The Northwest Iowa Community College Foundation, Sheldon, IA, is proud to announce that Nolan Ahlden, Askhum, IL, has been awarded the Iowa Land Improvement Contractors Association Northwest District Heavy Equipment Scholarship.
This $500 scholarship is made possible through a donation from the Iowa Land Improvement Contractors Association (ILICA). Ahlden was awarded this scholarship based on the following criteria:
- A registered student in good standing in the second year of the Heavy Equipment Operation & Maintenance program.
- Demonstrated good work habits and leadership qualities as evaluated by the heavy equipment faculty.
- Attained high academic achievement, as determined by cumulative grade point average, in the heavy equipment program.
- Expressed a desire to seek employment in the Heavy Equipment field following graduation.
- A good record of class attendance.
Nolan is currently a NCC student enrolled in the Heavy Equipment Operation & Maintenance program.