Interstates is seeking a qualified individual to serve as an Accounting Associate in their Sioux Center, Sioux Falls or Omaha office. This position requires a general understanding of accounting principles and standards of the appropriate industry. The Accounting Associate will be part of our payroll team and support our employees by phone and email.
- Ensures accurate preparation and processing of weekly payroll with per diem and manual adjustments.
- Handles various payroll adjustments, e.g. shortages, garnishments, wage assignments, manual computation of gross and net pay, vacation pay, and bonuses.
- Records monthly journal entries for month end and reconciliations
- Responds to employee questions regarding paychecks with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Sets up new jobs and projects in accounting software
- Other related duties as assigned
- AAS or B.S. in Accounting, Business, or Finance and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to form relationships with internal and external stakeholders across various locations
- Strong computer skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work