DIVISION: Arts & Science/Business & Health
SUPERVISOR: Dean-Arts & Sciences/Business & Health Division
BASIC FUNCTION: Full-time, nine month contract. This position includes instructional responsibility for all courses in accounting, and including, if appropriate, teaching assignments in business, economics, finance and management.
Required – Master’s Degree in accounting, or Master’s Degree in a related field with 18 graduate credits in accounting or with 18 graduate credits in related field as prescribed by the IA DE, or Bachelor’s Degree in accounting with a current CPA, MA, CFA, or other accounting license or recognized certification.
Demonstrate knowledge of teaching in multiple modalities.
Exhibit knowledge in both accounting and related business disciplines appropriate to higher education instruction.
Ability to work with wide range of students.
Preferred – Current CPA license.
Previous collegiate level instructional experience.
Ability to provide effective instruction in a broad spectrum of courses within the disciplines of accounting and related business.
Bilingual in the English and Spanish languages.
The successful applicant for this position will be required to meet the new instructor criterion as established by the Northwest Iowa Community College Quality Faculty Plan.
- Conduct effective instruction in all assigned areas, using approved course outlines.
- Develop and maintain current course syllabi/outlines for assigned courses.
- Notify the Division Dean, CAO, or designee as early as possible of inability to meet a class.
- Measure and evaluate student progress and maintain accurate grade computations. Submit grade reports to Student Services according to designated timelines.
- Attend all faculty and division meetings and serve on college committees as appropriate.
- Schedule and meet with program advisory committee a minimum of twice per year.
- Recommend library books and films.
- Assist in the budgeting process by identifying instructional materials and equipment.
- Counsel, advise, and/or refer students as appropriate.
- Maintain evidence of competency achievement (knowledge and application of knowledge) and demonstrate continuous professional development as outlined in the Quality Faculty Plan.
- Assist in promotion and recruitment of the instructor’s respective program(s).
- Submit requisitions for needed supplies to immediate supervisor.
- Serve as a resource person for students and graduates regarding job opportunities.
- Enforce all Northwest Iowa Community College student policies.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Lead the VITA Site as a service learning project for students.
- Provide students written course expectations, including course objectives, attendance policy, methods of evaluation, and grading practices.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Wage/Salary Range:$40,374.87 – $44,000.00 to $ (nine-month contract, 172 days)
Application Closing Date: As soon as filled.
Anticipated Employment Date: As soon as possible.