This person will be responsible for:
- Conducting quality repairs on all ALCC agriculture equipment, resulting in maximum functionality, reliability and longevity. Equipment types include, but are not limited to: feed and other trucks, heavy and construction equipment, tractors, loaders, skid steers, fork lifts, ATVs, mowers, vehicles, motors and generators.
- Troubleshooting reported problems on equipment and vehicles, diagnosing breakdowns, repairing, and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Inspecting equipment, vehicles, engines, transmissions, mechanical and electrical components, as well as computer and electronic systems and running diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues.
- Reporting status of repairs/assigned tasks at departmental shift start-up meetings.
- Supporting a culture of proactive repairs versus reactive.
- Supporting the preventative maintenance program by educating equipment operators on proper daily maintenance.
- Maintaining shop equipment, shop and parts crib work areas, parts crib inventory and shop tools in satisfactory condition.
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities in work area.
- Collaborating with external contract resources to accomplish repairs that are outsourced. Building and maintaining strong external business relationships.
- Collaborating with internal resources, as appropriate.
- Building and maintaining strong internal business relationships.
- Completing other duties, as assigned.
Ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Proven experience as a mechanic.
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and electrical components of equipment and vehicles.
- Aptitude in using various hand tools, precision measurement tools, and shop equipment.
- Ability to follow established procedures, read instructions, blueprints, auto cad drawings, etc.
- Working knowledge of diagnostic methods and systems.
- Very good problem-solving ability.
- Possess great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/work efforts.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience.
- Certification from a vocational school or completion of an apprenticeship is preferred.
Eligible for a $5,000 Hiring Bonus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org