This person will be responsible for:
- Coordinating an effective and efficient vehicle/equipment preventive maintenance program that maximizes functionality, reliability, and longevity.
- Understanding ALCC equipment inventory, maintenance/service intervals, service requirements, and inspection of equipment.
- Prioritizing, scheduling, and delegating tasks to night shift team members, related to the times the work group is responsible for.
- Providing oversight and assisting with the expedient and safe movement of equipment in and around the washing facility.
- Scheduling equipment maintenance with area supervisors.
- Assuring preventative (planned) maintenance is completed on time.
- Completing thorough inspections of equipment, vehicles, engines, transmissions, mechanical, and electrical components.
- Safely operating equipment (e.g. tractors, pay loaders, mobile hospitals, trucks and trailers).
- Maintaining, cleaning, washing, and disinfecting equipment and facilities daily and as needed.
- Maintaining equipment washing facilities in proper operating condition.
- Maintaining a clean area around the wash facilities.
- Applying lubricants to equipment/vehicle components.
- Understanding fluids, appropriate application, and replenishment quantities for engines and equipment/vehicles.
- Providing consultation on correct operation, maintenance, and preventive measures to equipment/vehicles users.
- Completing work orders after every vehicle/equipment service.
- Supporting the preventive maintenance program by educating equipment operators on proper daily maintenance.
- Communicating with the Director of Equipment Services daily regarding workday task/project status.
- Working closely with all areas of operations and communicating the work group’s plans to all affected areas/departments.
- Assisting with general upkeep, maintenance, service, and repair of feedyard facilities and equipment.
- Working effectively in a team environment to complete the necessary daily tasks.
Ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Commitment to safety and quality culture.
- Proven experience as a preventive maintenance mechanic.
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical components of equipment and vehicles.
- General operation of equipment is a plus.
- Comfortable with effluent and freshwater washing facilities.
- Very good problem-solving ability.
- Driven, organized, action-oriented, analytical, and able to multi-task.
- Knowledge of computers.
- Ability to work independently.
Eligible for a $5,000 Hiring Bonus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org