The Cheese Packager I – Hull is responsible for packaging cheese products in a safe and efficient manner; ensuring compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and safe work practices. Cheese Packagers rotate duties within the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a general knowledge of the cheese production process and procedures.
- Ensure that all products are packaged in the proper bag, proper box, and proper label with the proper manufacturing date, vat number and any other necessary information.
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed and passed on to the cheese supervisor properly and timely.
- Facilitate quality assurance tests such as scale checks and metal detector checks.
- Work with the packaging team to ensure proper sanitation of all packaging room equipment and conveyors.
- Work with the maintenance team to facilitate necessary preventative maintenance of packaging equipment.
- Assist in coordinating cooler organization and maintaining the cooler in good condition.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operate a forklift.
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Safety ProtocolStop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
No experience required; in-house training provided.
Experience in a dairy or manufacturing environment preferred.
Forklift Certification; in-house training for certification provided.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow documents and procedures (GLP, SOP, SDS, GMP, test procedures, and HACCP).
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Ability to follow written, verbal and diagrammatic instructions; complete simple checklists and complete required documentation.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with managers and colleagues.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Basic computer operational skills; able to input and retrieve computerized information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity