At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
The Production Operator is an important member of the CF Industries team and plays a major role in helping the company meet its objectives of achieving safety excellence and environmental compliance while maximizing production. You will be responsible for the safe and efficient operations of the production process and its associated equipment. This position also has a significant impact on the personal safety, emergency preparedness and response performance of the facility. Your role will involve indoor and outdoor activities of both a sedentary and physical nature, including walking, lifting, climbing ladders and stairs, wearing respirators, and monitoring auditory and visual alarms. As part of working 12-hour rotational shifts, nights and weekend shifts are required.
What you’ll do – Example Activities:
– Champion the pursuit of safety, regulatory compliance and operational excellence including proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE) necessary for each task, implementing established safety procedures and protocols for each job, identifying hazards or incidents and communicating findings using established procedures.
– Operate valves, and/or instruments to adjust fluid levels, flows, temperatures, pressures, speeds, and control startups/ shutdowns of mechanical equipment. Make necessary process adjustments via instrumentation, equipment, or chemical additions to maintain processes within operational tolerances
– Investigate unusual process or mechanical situations and take or recommend corrective action.
– Achieve and maintain competency in all operator functions of assigned production area, including process monitoring and control and assist in the training of less experienced operators.
– Work accuracy: Accurately execute written procedures and verbal instructions.
– Critical thinking: Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
– Judgment and decision making: Consider the long- and short-term implications of potential actions and their impacts to choose the most appropriate course.
– Integrity: Act with honesty and consistently follow through in doing what is known to be right in each situation.
– Teamwork and collaboration: Organize, plan and coordinate work with others to ensure alignment with colleagues. Build partnerships based on trust and respect and inspire the team to act in ways that uphold a culture built on safety and operational excellence.
– Continuous learning: Continually develop knowledge, skills and behaviors related to a role(s) to maintain competency and increase proficiency.
– Troubleshooting: Recognize and troubleshoot equipment failures or process upsets.
1. Minimum H.S. diploma or GED, 2 years trade school or college education preferred.
2. Candidate must pass pre-employment screening examinations and assessments.
3. It is an expectation that all Production Technician operators achieve a Tech 4 status.
4. Applicant must have the ability to work in a continuous operating environment (12-hour rotating shifts).
Total Rewards at CF
We offer competitive compensation with all employees eligible to receive a bonus and access to retirement plan(s). In addition, we provide comprehensive health, dental, vision benefits and well-being programs and incentives to help meet your physical, financial, emotional, and work-related goals.
CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.