At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
The shipping technician is responsible for safely loading trucks and railcars with UAN solution, ammonia, urea liquor and granular urea within CF policies and DOT regulations.
The primary responsibility of the shipping technician is to safely spot, inspect, line up product, load and weigh railcars and trucks and complete the required paperwork necessary to release railcars and trucks from the plant. In addition, the shipping technician must possess expertise in operating the switch engine to move railcars, operate the area computer and weigh scale and be able to sample product as required. The shipping technician must have an understanding of spill containment, railroad safety and applicable permit standards.
1. Experience safely handling industrial and agricultural chemicals in a chemical complex is desirable.
2. The job requires frequent standing, walking, climbing (ladders, stairs), and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
3. The ability to work safely with hazardous chemicals is critical for satisfactory job performance.
4. Teamwork is an essential function of this job, as the daily tasks are distributed between technicians and may also require coordination with supervision and other plant areas, as well as subcontractors working in the area.
5. Shipping technicians must be able to work independently while coordinating work with the daily loading schedule.
6.Maintain clean, clutter-free, and safe housekeeping.
7. Take responsibility for personal safety and the safety of co-workers, including maintenance and contract personnel within the assigned areas. Before any piece of equipment is “released” to maintenance, it is thoroughly checked to insure it is safe to be worked on.
8. High degree of reliability, dedication, intelligence and knowledge of company policies and DOT regulations are necessary to perform this job.
9. Shipping technicians must have the ability to work in a continuous operating environment working a rotating shift. This includes night shift and weekends.
10. It is an expectation that all Shipping Technicians achieve a Tech 3 status.
1. Minimum H.S. diploma or GED, 2 years trade school or college education preferred.
2. Experience safely handling industrial and agricultural chemicals in a chemical complex is desirable.
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed to develop working relationships with site Team Members and truck drivers.
CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.