SUPERVISOR: Director of Nursing Education
BASIC FUNCTIONS: Instruction of nursing students in a clinical setting.
Required – Bachelor’s or Masters of Science Degree in Nursing or working toward degree.
License to practice nursing in state of Iowa or Nurse Licensure Compact.
Two years nursing experience in acute care or long term care as assigned.
Basic computer skills.
Preferred – Bilingual in English and Spanish languages.
DESIRED QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Understand and agree to the Philosophy and Program Learning Outcomes of the NCC Nursing Program.
2. Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
1. Evaluate/supervise 6-8 nursing students in a clinical setting.
2. Motivate students and encourage them to achieve to the best of their ability.
3. Relate well and interact with students, faculty, administration, and the general public.
4. Rotate to different clinical areas as assigned.
5. Provide ongoing opportunities for students to incorporate theory with hands on training in the clinical setting and promote positive learning environment.
6. Complete all required attendance records, grade care plans, weekly anecdotal, and other assignments.
7. Attend faculty meetings
8. Counsel students when there is an identified need, realizing that the instructor is often in the best position for effective guidance.
9. Stress to all students maintenance of safety measures and assure that the students follow all policies/procedures mandated by the clinical facility/physicians thereby providing a clinically safe environment for each client assigned to the student care.
10. Communicate and work effectively with the facility staff and administration.
11. Other duties as directed by the Director of Nursing Education.
WAGE/SALARY RANGE: $34.00 per hour.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Applications accepted until the position is filled.
ANTICIPATED EMPLOYMENT DATE: As soon as filled.