Website CF Industries
The Instrument and Electrical (I&E) technician position is responsible for safely maintaining, repairing, and/or replacing the physical equipment in the plant safely, correctly, and efficiently. Technicians install, troubleshoot, service and perform preventative maintenance on plant equipment. The technician efficiently repairs, or if necessary, replaces the plant equipment in order to permit the plant to operate on a continuous basis. They also install, service, test and calibrate high-voltage electrical systems and various other electronic equipment. The I&E technician meets this responsibility by understanding and adhering to standard I&E procedures and techniques.
1. Requires installation, repair and maintenance of all process controls; analyzing systems and electrical systems.
2. Dismantles, cleans, replaces parts, assembles and calibrates pneumatic and electronic instruments.
3. Determines causes for malfunctioning instruments and takes appropriate action to correct trouble.
4. Reads electrical blueprints and schematics.
5. Performs preventive maintenance on equipment.
6. Installs, alters and repairs electrical systems which includes installing conduit, pulling wire through conduit, making proper connections, determining and correcting electrical malfunctions in equipment and electrical control devices.
7. Candidates must following all safety rules and keep work areas in clean condition.
1. Minimum H.S. diploma or GED
2. Completion of a formal apprenticeship program or equivalent combination of work experience and technical training required. Associates Degree from technical school is desired.
3. Must have basic skills from several of the major standard industrial I & E skills including electrical AC/DC voltage, PLC, pneumatic control valves and systems, basic electronics, motor control systems and process control systems.
4. Experience in 480 volt to 4160 volt electrical systems desired.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed to develop working relationships with maintenance and operations personnel in a team environment.
6. The job requires frequent standing, walking, climbing (ladders, stairs), and the ability to lift 80 lbs. occasionally.
7. Microsoft Office software knowledge.
8. The job occasionally requires overtime and call-outs on weekends, nights and holidays.
9. Candidate must pass pre-employment screening examinations and assessments.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.