Website Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative
Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative (ILEC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Foreman at our Alta, IA Service Center. This position reports to the Superintendent of Field Operations and directs the line personnel assigned to the Alta Service Center.
Position objective is as follows:
· To direct construction, operations and maintenance activities necessary to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operation of the Cooperative’s overhead and underground distribution system
Position Responsibilities are as follows:
· To stake and direct the construction of the Cooperative’s electric distribution facilities in the assigned service center are in accordance with RUS specifications, engineering work plans and member service requests.
· To direct the operations and maintenance programs in the assigned service center area. To maintain safety to the public, Cooperative employees and to the membership in the assigned service center area.
· To direct the use and proper maintenance of the assigned service center facilities, supplies and equipment needed to carry out the assigned service center area’s construction, operation and maintenance programs.
· To develop and implement monthly and weekly plans that will fully and effectively utilize well- trained and supervised service center line personnel to carry out the above objectives in a safe and efficient manner.
· To perform overhead and underground electric distribution line construction and maintenance in a safe and efficient manner to assure continuity of quality electric service to the Cooperative’s member-owners.
· Have the ability to train and teach in order to help personnel assigned to them develop into future leaders.
Candidate should possess good working knowledge of principles and practices in line construction, service, operation and maintenance requirements in an electric distribution system. Must have a working knowledge of basic electricity and an understanding of the operations, maintenance and repair of switching and sectionalizing equipment. Must have a understanding of the installation of transformers, wiring of transformer banks, regulators, capacitors, meters and other complicated equipment. Must be constantly aware of all hazards and observe all safety rules. Candidate must understand REA line construction specifications, National Electric Safety Code and rural electric operating methods and procedures. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. This position requires the ability to effectively, read and understand technical drawings and specifications, complete routine reports and have the ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with co-workers, associates, member-owners, vendors and the public.
High school graduate or equivalent required. Additional education in Power Lineman Technical school training or equivalent is required. Completion of the Northwest Lineman College course for line technicians or equivalent is required. A minimum of five years of progressive experience in electric utility line work as a Journeyman line worker is required. A person in this position must possess and maintain a valid Iowa (“Class A” CDL) driver’s license. Rural electric utility experience is preferred and some prior supervisory experience and training is desirable. Position is subject to relocation. Pre-employment drug test required.
Wage is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative offers a strong benefits package.
Qualified applicants should forward a resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative, 702 South 1st Street, Estherville, IA 51334. Documents may also be submitted via e-mail addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until June 24, 2022.
Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative is an electric distribution cooperative headquartered in Estherville, Iowa. ILEC serves approximately 13,060 members and owns and maintains 4,800 miles of distribution line. Additional information may be found by visiting ILEC’s web site at www.ilec.coop. For further information on Alta, IA and surrounding areas please visit the following websites at www.altaiowa.org or www.stormlake.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com