Website Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative
Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative (ILEC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Lineworker at our Spencer, IA Service Center.
Position objective is as follows:
· To perform construction, operation and maintenance activities necessary to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operation of the Cooperative’s overhead and underground distribution system
Position Responsibilities are as follows:
· Must possess and consistently demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of basic electricity
· Must be able to safely install, change, transfer, move and remove any and all forms of electrical equipment, material and accessories utilized in the construction, maintenance and operation of all overhead and underground electric distribution facilities
· Must have an understanding of the installation of transformers, wiring of transformer banks, regulators capacitors, meters, switching, sectionalizing and other complicated equipment
· Must be able to perform “hotline” work in a safe manner
· Must be familiar with and capable of operating all types of equipment associated with the work being performed
· Must be able to properly read and interpret staking sheets
· Must be knowledgeable in the safe operation of the rural distribution system including patrolling lines, inspecting poles, switching, troubleshooting and outage response
· Will participate in the after-hours on call rotation for outage response
· Must have an understanding of RUS line construction specifications, National Electric Safety Code and rural electric operating methods and procedures.
· Must be constantly aware of all hazards and observe all safety rules, regulations and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned
High school graduate or equivalent required. A Power Line Technical Degree or related training program is required. 3-4 years of line work experience or Journeyman lineworker status is preferred. Must possess and maintain a valid Iowa (“Class A” CDL) driver’s license. Position is subject to relocation. Pre-employment drug test required.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. This position requires the ability to effectively, read and understand technical drawings and specifications, complete routine reports and have the ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with co-workers, associates, member-owners, vendors and the public.
Wage is commensurate with qualifications and experience. ILEC offers a strong benefits package including IAEC and NRECA retirement and insurance programs.
Qualified applicants should forward a resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative, 702 South 1st Street, Estherville, IA 51334. Documents may also be submitted via e-mail addressed to email@example.com. Position will remain open until September 23, 2022.
Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative is an electric distribution cooperative headquartered in Estherville, Iowa. ILEC serves approximately 13,060 members and owns and maintains 4,800 miles of distribution line. Additional information may be found by visiting ILEC’s web site at www.ilec.coop. For further information on Spencer, IA and surrounding areas please visit the following website at www.spenceriowachamber.com or www.lakescorridor.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org