DIVISION: Student and Academic Services
SUPERVISOR: Director of Student Development, Secondary Programs, and Transitions
BASIC FUNCTION: (Temporary) contracted position to plan Junior Career Day 2022; temporary part- time up to 20 hours per week, July 25th, 2022 through October 14th, 2022.
Required – Associate’s degree.
Educational work experience with either K-12 or community colleges or youth programming experience.
Basic computer skills.
Preferred – Bachelor’s degree.
Bilingual in English and Spanish languages.
DESIRED QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Strong communication, leadership, problem-solving, team-building, and human relations skills.
2. Ability to work in a team environment.
3. High degree of confidentiality and commitment to the College.
1. Coordinate Junior Career Day 2022 (October 3, 2022)
2. Reserve necessary classrooms.
3. Assign a career to each room.
4. Secure 60 presenters for Junior Career Day (many from past list).
5. Contact high school guidance counselors to confirm attendance and track responses.
6. Create Junior Career Day survey to track students’ choices of presentations.
7. Contact NCC faculty and secure for presentations.
8. Update counselors on students who have filled out survey.
9. Order career day programs.
10. Coordinate and order food and beverages for presenters.
11. Coordinate volunteers for the event.
12. Schedule students for their sessions in a master list.
13. Create room signs with presenter’s name and presentation.
14. Frequently communicate details with presenters, volunteers, and guidance counselors.
15. Print, organize and mail schedules to counselors (approximately 1,200 students)
16. Create water bottle labels and place on bottles.
17. Do a room review and tally extra chairs needed to accommodate students.
18. Coordinate presenter needs with IT and Maintenance.
19. Serve as the main point of contact for Junior Career Day and the head person the day of the event.
WAGE/SALARY RANGE: $17.73 per hour
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Applications accepted until the position is filled; review of applications to begin immediately.
ANTICIPATED EMPLOYMENT DATE: July 25th, 2022