At Landus, you will learn and work alongside experienced, empowered, innovative employees to gain experience in all aspects of Landus while directly assisting each department. During the internship, you will also work on actual projects finding positive solutions! Come join our team as an Landus 101 Intern!
What you will learn:
- Gain knowledge in the areas of agronomy, grain, animal nutrition, and administration.
- Scout fields with Account Manager to learn about plant development/anatomy, products/services offered, customer relationships, and the future of agronomy business.
- Develop an understanding of the CBOT with merchandisers to know geographical, logistical, and economical marketing decisions.
- Learn about the daily operations of a grain elevator through observing Quality and Quantity inventory measurements and understanding the outside operations involved with grain flow.
Participate in various animal nutrition departments such as feed accounting, production, administration, and Dairy Nutrition Plus.
- Engage in higher level administration processes such as budgeting, risk management, cash flows, balance sheets, and monthly financials.
- Provide prompt, professional, and courteous customer service.
The ideal student will have:
- Currently enrolled in a 2 or 4-year post-secondary program.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Good computer skills.
- Understand the seasonality of an agricultural cooperative and the in-season time commitment.
- Must be able to move/lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally up to 100 pounds.
Other things that will help you succeed:
Have Agility, adapt and be flexible.
Have Courage to own it and speak up.
Win together as a Team.
Be decisive with Speed and be prepared .
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled