At Landus, you will learn and work alongside experienced, empowered, innovative employees to gain experience in agronomy and grain operations. During the internship, you will also work on actual projects finding positive solutions! You’ll find a fun team atmosphere and an engaging internship geared for your success. Come join our team as Fall Operations Intern!
What you will learn:
- Assist in grain and agronomy operations.
- Provide prompt, professional, and courteous customer service.
Perform the following duties in grain operations.
- Work in grain office learning about weighing, probing, grading, and communicating bin designation with elevator operators.
- Assist in train loading for an understanding of the process.
- Gain understanding of the different functions of an elevator including pits, legs, conveyors, maintenance, and housekeeping.
- Learn how to segregate grain according to commodity, moisture, and other grade factors.
- Perform the following duties in agronomy operations.Work at fertilizer plant mixing, loading trucks, reading work orders and maps, etc.
- Ride in applicator equipment to observe application techniques, use of GPS, and Viper Control System.
- Ride with a Account Manager on calls, taking orders, soil sampling, grid sampling, crop scouting, etc.
- Learn about the products that Landus offers to customers.
The ideal student will have:
- Currently enrolled in a 2 or 4-year post-secondary degree program.
- Good computer skills.
- Understand the seasonality of an agricultural cooperative and the in-season time commitment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to acquire a CDL and a custom applicator’s license.
- Must be able to move/lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally up to 100 pounds.
Other things that will help you succeed:
Have Agility, adapt and be flexible.
Have Courage to own it and speak up.
Win together as a Team.
Be decisive with Speed and be prepared.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled