Job Duties and Responsibilities: Assisting in the day-to-day running of NCC’s Library including providing customer service and general information to students, staff and community members, library tasks such as shelving, filling supplies, cleaning, organizing and scanning documents, checking in and out materials, assisting in the processing of new materials, and covering for staff breaks, which may include evening hours.
Job Qualifications: Reliable and responsible, good customer service skills, basic computer skills, ability to learn to use the library print and electronic resources, and general office skills.
Wage Rate: $9.75 per hour
Length of Student’s Employment: Students are eligible for work-study for the current academic school year.
Supervisor Contact: Renee Franklin, 712-324-5061 ext. 116 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Work-Study?
- The work-study program is a federally funded program that offers students part-time employment opportunities. Work-study positions are available on-campus and also off-campus with community service agencies.
- Work-study eligibility is indicated on a student’s financial aid Award/Offer Letter.
- Work-study positions are not assigned and are not guaranteed. It is the student’s responsibility to pursue the work-study opportunities of interest.
- Work-Study opportunities may be limited for those students not residing in the NCC area during their enrollment period.
- Students who are hired for a work-study position are paid once a month for the hours worked in the previous month. Work-study funds do not get applied directly to your bill.
- Students may contact their instructor if they are interested in a work-study position specific to their program.
How to Apply?
- Contact the supervisor listed above to inquire about the position, discuss the application process and arrange for an interview.
Hired… What’s Next?
- Complete I-9 and W-4 paperwork with the Human Resource Office.
- These forms must be completed BEFORE a student may begin work.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com