NOTE: Position status will be re-evaluated each fiscal year based on contract needs of the Manufacturing Sector Partnership. This position will be paid as an independent contractor and not as an employee of NCC.
DEPARTMENT: Workforce and Economic Development
SUPERVISOR: Director of Workforce and Economic Development
BASIC FUNCTION: Part-time, 20 hours per week, with potential for full-time employment depending on desire of Sector Steering Committee. To support the work of the Northwest Iowa Regional Manufacturing Sector Partnership working with Sector partners and collaborating with regional economic developers, support service providers, K-12 education, and Community College training officials to develop an effective manufacturing career opportunities promotion. This will also include promoting job shadowing, internships, educator externship opportunities and other regional work-based learning initiatives.
Required – Bachelor’s degree in education, business, marketing or related trade or industrial field or three years of relevant work experience in manufacturing, training, education or related industry.
Basic computer skills.
Preferred – Master’s degree in closely related field.
Proven record of effectively implementing new programs and project development.
Past experience in developing and measuring success and direction of an action plan.
Bilingual in English and Spanish languages.
DESIRED QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
2. Ability to work in a team environment.
3. Skilled in managing multiple projects.
4. Self-motivated, energetic, and creative.
1. Participate in ongoing manufacturing sector partnership meetings by working closely with identified sector leadership and other partners to develop agenda and discussion topics for member meetings.
2. Implement action plan that includes intensive outreach to regional high schools (Counselors, Instructors, and others).
3. Serve as the linkage to the manufacturing community, educational institutions, training options, and support service providers for students/parents who have expressed interest in manufacturing careers.
4. Develop promotional material on key occupations and prioritized skills gaps gathered from data and input from manufacturing sector board members.
5. Support on an ongoing basis, participating sector members, in the development of goals and strategies for the sector board.
6. Collaborate, inform, and report to area sector board members on workforce training capabilities and opportunities available. Provide constructive feedback on effectiveness of training programs once implemented.
7. Assist with providing ongoing information that address the skills needed for qualified, work-ready job seekers.
8. Perform such other duties and functions as the Director of Workforce and Economic Development and/or the Manufacturing Sector Board shall direct.
WAGE/SALARY RANGE: Negotiable, depending on years of relevant work experience and education.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Applications accepted until the position is filled; review of applications to begin immediately.
ANTICIPATED EMPLOYMENT DATE: As soon as possible.