DIVISION: Academic Services
BASIC FUNCTION: Day and evening hours, up to 25 hours per week.
To provide instructional support service to credit students, students on special schedules, and high school credit students.
Required – Associate’s degree.
Basic computer skills.
Preferred – Bachelor’s Degree, or annual progress towards the completion of a
Secondary teaching certificate in major academic area.
Teaching license with multiple approval areas.
Two years teaching experience.
Bilingual in English and Spanish languages.
Copies of all academic transcripts are required. Unofficial copies are acceptable at the time of application. Upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment, a complete set of original transcripts will be required.
SUPERVISOR: Learning Center/Alternative High School Director
DESIRED QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Good oral and written communication and math skills.
- Ability to explain concepts at a variety of levels.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to provide supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in dealing with students.
- Computer proficiency.
- Administer, score, and/or interpret results of various assessments.
- Carry out duties without detailed, day-to-day supervision.
- Maintain Iowa teaching license if applicable.
- Provide individualized tutorial and/or small group instruction in the area of high school course work, full time instructional programs, and/or developmental education studies.
- Provide accommodation for special-needs students, such as reading exams and recording responses.
- Supervise the instruction of students in independent or specially scheduled course work.
- Assist students in the computer lab.
- Revise curriculum and rewrite tests as needed, as well as develop curriculum and write assessments for expanded course offerings under the auspices of the Learning Center.
- Maintain a positive learning environment.
- Become certified proctor for specialized testing which includes training and background checks.
- Proctor tests.
- Serve on appropriate committees/teams to carry out the college mission philosophy, goals, and objectives.
- Open/close the library and check out library materials as needed.
- Take an active part in in-service opportunities appropriate to the instructor’s area of responsibility.
- Be able to work evening hours with a flexible schedule.
- Assist and perform other duties as directed.
Wage/Salary Range: $15.00 to $18.00 per hour
Application Closing Date: Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Anticipated Employment Date: As soon as possible.