DIVISION: Applied Technology
SUPERVISOR: Dean of Applied Technology
BASIC FUNCTION: Assist the Production Welding Program faculty with instruction, assessing student progress, and maintaining safety requirements in the welding lab. This is a part-time, hourly position, between 24-29 hours per week. The work schedule will vary between the hours of 8:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Required – Associate’s Degree in Advanced Welding Technician or diploma in Production Welding or a related field, or three years of welding work experience.
Excellent oral and written communication skills and human relations skills.
Effective organizational skills, particularly as they relate to the teaching and learning process and to project work in the lab.
Basic computer skills.
Preferred – Understanding of the community college philosophy and the community college student.
Previous instructional and/or training experience.
Previous work experience in the welding field.
Knowledgeable and skilled with service procedures related to keeping welding equipment operational.
Capable of driving a pickup and trailer to pickup and deliver materials used for the welding program.
Bilingual in English and Spanish languages.
Copies of all academic transcripts are required. Unofficial copies are acceptable at the time of application. Upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment, a complete set of original transcripts will be required.
DESIRED QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Self-directed. Able to work with minimal supervision.
2. Committed to creating and maintaining a safe environment that is conducive to student learning.
3. Committed to leading and maintaining an inclusive, open-access environment.
4. Able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
1. Function in a team with program faculty to promote, develop, and deliver quality educational programs that are in the best interest of the students, the college, and the community.
2. Organize and teach labs as assigned by the Production Welding Program instructor and/or the Dean of Applied Technology.
3. Oversee lab projects in a punctual manner and for the duration of a scheduled lab session.
4. Assist with the retention of program students.
5. Maintain competency and knowledge of current practices and trends in the welding industry.
6. Maintain program equipment; create and submit reports of repairs to the Production Welding Program instructor and/or the Dean of Applied Technology.
7. Maintain a clean and safe welding lab environment that is conducive to student learning.
8. Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and growth-oriented educational environment.
9. Maintain confidentiality regarding students and colleagues.
10. Demonstrate punctuality when responding to requests from the Production Welding Program instructor, the Dean of Applied Technology, and/or other college administrators.
11. Assess student progress and maintain accurate and current grade records by working alongside the production welding instructor.
12. Attend program and/or division meetings as appropriate.
13. Complete additional duties as assigned.
WAGE/SALARY RANGE: $20.80 – $25.45 per hour based on experience and education.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Applications accepted until the position is filled.
ANTICIPATED EMPLOYMENT DATE: As soon as possible.