DIVISION: Student and Academic Services
SUPERVISOR: Director of Student Development, Secondary Programs, and Transitions
BASIC FUNCTION: Full time. Provide the necessary coordination to facilitate youth career education programming between NCC and local school districts. Be creative, organized, detail-oriented, and a high-energy individual who is able to enhance and expand special events in support of the mission and vision of the college through Perkins grant activities.
Required – Associate’s degree.
Educational work experience with either K-12 or community colleges or youth programming experience.
Basic computer skills.
Preferred – Bachelor’s degree.
Bilingual in English and Spanish languages.
DESIRED QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Strong communication, leadership, problem-solving, team-building, and human relations skills.
2. Ability to take initiative and the lead on an event.
3. High degree of confidentiality and commitment to the College.
1. Coordinate career education events for NCC that connect the college to local districts and agencies. Examples: 8th Grade Career Day, Junior Career Day, Summer Camps, Afterschool programs.
2. Organize new Perkins grant activities and initiatives; Recruit students and schools for these programs.
3. Serve as college representative to help serve and promote STEM and CTE programming when appropriate.
4. Demonstrate ability to plan, manage, and execute successful events.
5. Engage strong organizational skills and pay close attention to detail.
6. Ability to be conscientious, proactive, and self-motivated.
7. Ability to plan multiple projects simultaneously, anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision.
8. Ability to approach problems with creativity, insight, and resourcefulness.
9. Calm demeanor under pressure.
10. Generate necessary local, state, and federal reports as needed.
11. Establish opportunities to connect K-12 partners, business partners, and postsecondary partners to promote career education and skill development.
12. Manage grant activities, application, planning, and budget.
13. Support and work with transitions team to foster programming.
14. Use strong communication skills to keep stakeholders, volunteers, presenters, etc. apprised of
events and next steps.
15. Serve as a student advisor.
16. Responsible for the establishment and function of appropriate advisory committee(s).
Northwest Iowa Community College
Perkins Coordinator Job Description – Page 2
17. Serve on college committees and cross functional teams and work effectively within team environments.
18. Participate in professional development activities that support the position.
19. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Development, Secondary Programs, and Transitions.
WAGE/SALARY RANGE: $30,000 – $35,000
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Applications accepted until the position is filled; review of applications to begin immediately.
ANTICIPATED EMPLOYMENT DATE: As soon as possible.