TITLE: Lifelong Learning and Recreation Center (LLRC) Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
DIVISION: Student and Academic Services
SUPERVISOR: Director – Lifelong Learning and Recreation Center (LLRC)
BASIC FUNCTION: To instruct and coach individuals in various exercises and activities. Help clients assess their physical fitness level and encourage and help them set and reach their fitness goals. Will include one-on-one and group fitness settings.
• CPR and First Aid Certification or ability to obtain within 60 days of employment and must maintain certification throughout employment with Northwest Iowa Community College (NCC).
• Must obtain a national certification from an accredited organization such as American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), etc. or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment and must maintain certification throughout employment with Northwest Iowa Community College (NCC).
• Basic computer skills.
DESIRED QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Possess knowledge and be able to demonstrate proficient program design skills and proper techniques.
2. Bilingual in English and Spanish languages.
1. Work with Director of LLRC to coordinate personal training programs in the LLRC.
2. Requires a flexible schedule to provide personal training sessions to clients.
3. Supervise clients using facility equipment and amenities.
4. Effectively demonstrate proper use and functions of all equipment in the LLRC.
5. Support and communicate with Coordinator of LLRC.
6. Use computer skills to input, access, and work with member information using LLRC membership software or ability to learn computer skills necessary to complete job functions.
7. Motivate clients and team members.
8. Assist clients in exercise technique.
9. Identify specific training needs.
10. Apply first aid and CPR procedures as needed.
11. Construct weight loss, weight gain, fitness programs.
12. Lead various activities and exercises.
13. Monitor and communicate client progress.
14. Demonstrate each physical activity.
15. Apply and teach clients specific nutritional practices.
16. Provide clients with information and resources in regards to nutrition, weight control, and other lifestyle issues.
17. Work with clients on a one-on-one basis in the NCC LLRC, utilizing the LLRC equipment.
18. Perform other duties as assigned by the Coordinator.
WAGE/SALARY RANGE: $15.00 per hour
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Applications accepted until positions are filled.
ANTICIPATED EMPLOYMENT DATE: As soon as possible.