The Plant Technician I is responsible for the operation of all plant processing equipment and performing routine basic maintenance in a highly automated chemical facility. In the area of maintenance, the Plant Technicians are responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance, basic repair, and cleaning of equipment associated with bioprocessing processes. At times, Plant Technicians may be asked to assist Maintenance Technicians in more technical and complex maintenance procedures. Team members in this position are required to maintain knowledge of the process flow, computerized equipment, and be aware of hazards associated with the process as well as understand and execute standard operating procedures (SOPs). Continuous plant operation requires 12-hour shift work. Plant Technicians must be able to adapt to 12-hour workdays and be able to meet call-in requirements as needed.
STRENGTHS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience requirements:
- Plant Technician I: experience in a production environment preferred.
- Working knowledge in math, reading comprehension and mechanical reasoning required.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required.
- Experience with software systems, such as Maximo, preferred.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to embrace change.
- You know the basics of Microsoft Office Suite. You’re capable of learning new programs.
POET team members enjoy competitive pay and benefits including;
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- A multifaceted wellness program encompassing the whole person – mentally, physically, and spiritually. We support health freedoms and personal choices.
- 401K with company match
- Premium pay for qualifying positions
- Quarterly profit sharing
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite fitness centers or fitness reimbursements
- Safety and cold weather gear, and more!
Please visit poet.com/careers