SHIFTT LEAD – NIGHTS
1. All AMPI employees have an obligation to report employee safety, food
safety and food quality issues to personnel of authority.
2. This position has a heightened food safety and food quality responsibilities.
3. Assists with overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of plant
operations. Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the
organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting
with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and
directing work; assist with appraising performance; rewarding and
documenting misconduct for supervisor in disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
4. Manages competing demands and changes approach or method to best fit
5. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner by gathering and
analyzing information skillfully. Works well in group problem solving
situations and develops alternative solutions.
6. Creates a positive team with the ability to build morale and group
commitments to goals and objectives.
7. Leads by example in teamwork, ethical and professional conduct.
8. Point person for equipment knowledge and troubleshooting contact.
9. Covers operator positions if needed.
10. Serves as weekend “on-call” as assigned.
11. Ability to manage projects by creating workable plans; communicates
changes effectively and builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
12. Understands business implications of decisions while displaying an
orientation to profitability.
13. Develops realistic action plans, by prioritizing and planning work activities.
Plans for additional resources as needed.
14. Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process
improvement. Makes oneself available to staff, provides regular
performance feedback, develops subordinates’ skills and encourages
15. Ability to react well under pressure. Treats others with respect and
consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility
for own actions and follows through on commitments.
16. Leads and guides all Quality and Food Safety policies and procedures,
reporting any nonconformity.
17. Leads and guides all Safety policies and procedures, correcting and
reporting any nonconformity.
18. Commends employees for safe work habits. Observes, identifies and
corrects unsafe behavior in a proactive approach to preventing incidents.
19. Leads and guides GMP policies and procedures, correcting and reporting
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), preferred.
Prior experience in dairy or food production, manufacturing, industrial
process operations or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge of SQF, HACCP, GMP’s, OSHA and loss control programs is highly
AMPI offers competitive starting pay, PTO, 401K, short-term disability, health, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance programs and more.
$500 immediate sign-on bonus for production positions, additional $1500 within first 6 months. AMPI is also offers $500 bonuses for referrals.
APPLY: Please visit our website at ampi.com, Careers, Join our Team, Choose Sanborn for a listing of all of the openings in the Sanborn location.