DIVISION: College Operations
SUPERVISOR: Shift supervisor, as designated by the Director of Physical Facilities or the Director of the Lifelong Learning and Recreation Center.
BASIC FUNCTION: Works within a team to participate in duties that include but are not limited to event set-up, maintenance, and teardown. Employees may sign up for posted shifts, as desired, up to 28 hours per week. Shifts may include early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends.
Required – Must be currently enrolled in one or more classes at Northwest Iowa Community College (NCC).
Preferred – Work-study preferred, but not required.
DESIRED QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Experience working in event maintenance, customer service, or custodial environments.
2. Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
3. Ability to communicate and get along with co-workers.
4. Ability to work alone without supervision.
5. Knowledge of maintenance of custodial equipment.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Assist with tasks during events hosted by NCC. Some event tasks may include miscellaneous responsibilities such as setting up and tearing down rooms, serving as the Thunder Mascot, and doing general maintenance duties.
2. Provide excellent customer service before, during, and after scheduled events.
3. General maintenance and/or custodial duties, as assigned.
4. Loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
5. Report custodial and maintenance issues to the shift supervisor.
6. Wear appropriate attire during events, as identified on the posted shift board.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the shift supervisor.
* The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
WAGE/SALARY RANGE: $9.75 per hour
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Applications accepted until the position is filled.
ANTICIPATED EMPLOYMENT DATE: Spring 2022, and ongoing thereafter.