DIVISION: Academic Services
SUPERVISOR: TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) Coordinator
POSITION Full-time (9-month Position: mid-August through mid-May)
Associate of Arts Degree in Science
Experience in working with diverse student population
Experience in academic tutoring
Bachelor of Arts degree in Science or a related field
Bilingual in English, Spanish, and/or other languages
DESIRED QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Experience in the area of support services or administration.
2. Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
3. Demonstrates professionalism in dealing with students and an understanding of populations served by TRIO.
4. Demonstrates ability to work independently.
5. Possesses skills in maintaining accurate and detailed reports.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of issues facing diverse students
1. Oversees the Multicultural Club and promotes recruitment and retention on campus.
2. Helps to enhance the experience for all students, staff, faculty, and community members by advertising and developing cross-cultural activities.
3. Facilitates a work environment along with workshops on and off campus that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
4. Provide academic advising/tutoring for students experiencing academic difficulties.
5. Travel with students to academic and cultural activities.
6. Serve as a resource for students with non-academic personal concerns and refer students to the NCC counseling or other agencies as appropriate.
7. Maintain student, project compliance, and performance records.
8. Develop and oversee workshops and events on a variety of topics that promote student growth, retention, and academic success.
9. Attend staff, state, regional, and/or professional meetings to promote continuous professional growth.
10. Promote and maintain open communication with other SSS staff and NCC college staff.
11. Demonstrate and practice NCC Service Vision and participate on campus committees.
12. Other duties as assigned.
WAGE/SALARY RANGE: $23,000-$24,000 (plus full-time benefits and paid time off)