DIVISION: Academic Services
SUPERVISOR: TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) Coordinator
BASIC FUNCTION: Up to 28 hours per week, 12 months per year. This position assists TRIO students throughout the college process
Required – Associate of Arts or Associate of Applied Science, or working towards the degree
Experience in working with diverse student population
Preferred – Bilingual in English, Spanish, and/or other languages
DESIRED QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Experience in the area of support services or administration.
2. Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
3. Demonstrates professionalism in dealing with students and an understanding of populations served by TRIO.
4. Demonstrates ability to work independently.
5. Possesses skills in maintaining accurate and detailed reports.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of issues facing diverse students
1. Provide academic advising/tutoring for students experiencing academic difficulties
2. Provide advising for students seeking transfer information
3. Coordinate and travel for college visits to four-year institutions
4. Travel with students to academic and cultural activities.
5. Serve as a resource for students with non-academic personal concerns and refer students to the NCC counseling or other agencies as appropriate.
6. Maintain student, project compliance, and performance records.
7. Meet with faculty to determine student achievement.
8. Attend staff, state, regional, and/or professional meetings to promote continuous professional growth.
9. Promote and maintain open communication with other SSS staff and NCC college staff.
10. Demonstrate and practice NCC Service Vision.
11. Actively participate in college committees.
12. Coordinate and recruit for the Multicultural Committee on campus.
13. Assist diverse students with challenges they face at a community college.
14. Work within the TRIO budget to implement and improve cultural activities on and off campus.
15. Conduct conferences and workshops as appropriate
16. Identify and implement appropriate evaluation procedures for project activities
17. Document all services, project compliance performance, and staff accountability issues.
18. Other duties as assigned.
WAGE/SALARY RANGE: $15.00-$17.00/hour
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Applications accepted until the position is filled.