Faith Lutheran Church
WORSHIP DIRECTOR: We are seeking a Worship Director who will be the “producer” of each worship service and special programs, working in coordination with the senior pastor to coordinate all details of worship. The Worship Director must demonstrate a commitment to live a life worthy of the gospel of Jesus Christ in accordance with the Word and commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of Faith.
An ideal candidate will demonstrate skill in playing piano and/or guitar along with leading vocally. A college degree in music and/or worship or qualified worship/music leading experience from another church setting is desired. The Worship Director position is part-time with potential to be full-time.
- Plan thematic, Biblical, creative worship which invites all worshippers into the presence of God and lifts up Jesus Christ.
- Blend classic hymns, gospel and current contemporary Christian music thematically for each worship service.
- Creative ability to incorporate art forms such as: drama, movie clips, videos, and other creative expressions to deepen and enhance the theme of worship.
- Lead worship with enthusiasm, drawing the congregation into the song and into the presence of God.
- Facilitate choirs, vocalists, and instrumentalists with a willingness to teach and assist others.
- Responsible for leading Sunday School music and the youth Christmas program.
- Must be a self-starter who works cooperatively with pastor and committees such as: worship, music, technology and other committees as necessary to prepare for worship services.
- Must be able to identify talent and encourage members.
- Weekends are required.
APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org