In order for Northwest Iowa Community College to initiate an investigation of a complaint, the following must be true:
- The person did not receive a satisfactory resolution when working directly with the appropriate individual(s) or department(s) as outlined in our grievance policy.
- The person has submitted the complaint to Northwest Iowa Community College using our Complaint Form.
- The complaint contains a detailed description of the claim, including dates, times, and full names of all involved, as well as the actions taken by both the person and the institution to resolve the matter.
- The person has submitted the form attesting to the truth and accuracy of the complaint.
- The person recognizes that Northwest Iowa Community College will not investigate anonymous complaints and that by submitting the form, the person acknowledges that Northwest Iowa Community College may share information provided with the College or other relevant organizations or state agencies in order to help resolve the dispute; Northwest Iowa Community College does not guarantee a resolution resulting from this submission or its investigation into the allegation.
- The complaint must be received within two (2) years of the occurrence.
- Upon receiving a complaint, Northwest Iowa Community College will facilitate an investigation if the matter being disputed falls within its jurisdiction. If preliminary findings indicate a violation of Northwest Iowa Community College regulations by the institution, Northwest Iowa Community College shall attempt to resolve the complaint through mediation. All parties will be notified in writing of the outcome of the investigation. If the complaint is outside of Northwest Iowa Community College’s jurisdiction, it may be directed to another agency that is authorized to address the concerns, if appropriate.
- Northwest Iowa Community College may contact the complainant to submit further details or to submit documented evidence of the allegations against the College. Complainant should not submit original documents as they may not be returned.
- Depending on the nature of the complaint, investigation and facilitation could require several weeks or months to complete.
Filing a complaint is a two step process:
Step 1: Fill out the form below. This form will be sent to Administration for review and investigation.
Step 2: If there is an unsatisfactory outcome from step 1 the individual can contact the Iowa College Student Aid Commission at:
- Phone: 877-272-4456
- Student Complaint Form