Northwest Iowa Community College’s Electrical Programs have been selected as the best Electrical Programs in the United States by Schools.com. In their study NCC ranked No.1 out of 198 total schools offering electrical degrees across the nation. Out of all those schools, they only featured the top 10 on their website.
Brad Bennion, Schools.com Editor, stated, “Based on our analysis of several metrics, Northwest Iowa Community College was the strongest player across the board. NCC ranked very highly in areas such as graduation rate, flexibility and the number of electrical degrees that were awarded. Schools.com is pleased to feature NCC as the top school for electrical degrees.”
NCC’s Electrical Programs that were considered were:
• Electrical Technology
• Industrial and Commercial Wiring
• Industrial Instrumentation and Control
• Powerline Technology
According to Schools.com website, “Northwest Iowa Community College heads this list of best colleges for electrical degree programs based on a combination of factors. It had the third-highest graduation rate, a favorable open admissions policy, and it was second for the number of electrical-related degrees awarded. As a member of the Iowa Community College Online Consortium, students enrolled at NCC have the option of completing some of their general education and elective requirements online.” For a complete listing of the top 10 schools in the nation or to view the methodology of the study go to https://www.schools.com/programs/electrician.
Mark Bohnet, NCC Electrical Instructor, stated, “I am somewhat surprised by the award. It seems to me, that the electrical instructors are simply doing their job, which is to provide technical training on foundational principles found in the electrical field. I am not sure how this translates into this award, but I do know that the electrical instructors at NCC are all excited about the electrical field, are all supportive of the Community College system and are all highly concerned about student success. Maybe this is what makes the difference.”
“This is a great testimony to our faculty who are committed to providing the highest quality education to our students,” said Steve Waldstein, Dean – Applied Technology & Workforce. “Our alumni have a proven track record of excellence in the field and because of this they find great jobs with family sustaining and livable incomes. We are happy to be training 2nd or even the 3rd generation of Electricians and Powerline workers. NCC is committed to providing a high quality skilled workforce for Northwest Iowa.
NCC has been the recipient of several national awards over the past several years.
• 2016, 2014, 2012, 2011: NCC was recognized by the Aspen Institute as one of the Best 150 Community Colleges in the nation.
• 2018 – 4th top Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) program in Iowa, PracticalNursing.org.
• 2017: Best Two Year College in the State of Iowa, PayScale.com; 4th Best Junior College for Getting a Job in the Nation and #1 in the State of Iowa, Zippia.com; NCC’s Pharmacy Technician Program 2nd in the Nation, TheBestColleges.org. #11 Best Community Colleges in America, Niche.com; #2 in the State of Iowa Among all 2 Year Colleges, LearnHowtoBecome.org.
• 2016: 12th nationally for Premier National Online Associate Degree Program, BestColleges.com; Best Two Year College in Iowa, BestColleges.com.
• 2015 – 3rd Best Online College in the U.S., BestColleges.com; Top 45 Colleges in the Nation, College Scorecard, U.S. Department of Education.
One of the best ways to figure out if a college is right for you is to schedule a
campus visit. Register online at nwicc.edu and click the link in the box labeled Thunder Fridays. Upcoming Thunder Fridays are scheduled for: April 6, April 20, and May 4.
Quick facts about NCC:
• 11,500+ College Alumni since 1966, of which 8,000+ live in Iowa and 4,000+ live in Northwest Iowa
• 96% Placement Rate for College Alumni
• Many seamless transfer agreements with Colleges and Universities
• 50+ Programs of study including career & transfer and applied technology
• Have taught 800,000 + students through the Continuing Education and Workforce & Economic Development Departments
• 4 Housing complexes on campus
To find out more call 800-352-4907 or email email@example.com. At NCC – Your Success is Our Story!