Northwest Iowa Community College’s Nursing Program Named #12 in the Nation
BestAccreditedColleges.org has named Northwest Iowa Community College’s (NCC) Nursing Program #12 on their list of Best Associate Degrees in Nursing in the Nation.
In an email notification to NCC a representative from BestAccreditedColleges.org stated, “We create our guides and school rankings with student education in mind, and this list will help our readers and your potential students learn about Northwest Iowa Community College’s excellent offerings. We considered hundreds of institutions across the country and ranked Northwest Iowa Community College using data around financial aid awards, the quality of education, faculty, campus resources, and more.”
According to BestAccreditedColleges.org’s website, “Our school rankings only include accredited, non-profit public and private schools. Our objective approach to judging schools uses a proprietary ranking system, which combines current data points from the U.S. Department of Education with school-specific details.”
Data points include:
1. Cost of Attendance: Tuition cost, financial aid, availability of alternative tuition, loan default rates;
2. Accessibility: Admittance rates, education support & resources, non-traditional credit programs, dual, AP, and transfer credit programs;
3. Quality & Value: Retention rates, graduation rates, student-faculty ratio.
Schools from across the nation that were included on the Top 15 list:
- Weber State University, Ogden, UT
- De Anza College, Cupertino, CA
- College of San Mateo, San Mateo, CA
- Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA
- College of the Canyons, Santa Clarita, CA
- Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
- Western Wyoming Community College, Rock Springs, WY
- Cuesta College, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Moorpark College, Moorpark, CA
- North Dakota State College of Science, Wahpeton, ND
- Utah State University, Logan, Utah
- Northwest Iowa Community College, Sheldon, IA
- Williston State College, Williston, ND
- City College of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Glendale Community College, Glendale, California
Nursing Program: Classes focus on combination of theory, lab, clinical, and preceptor hours. There are part-time and full-time options available for this program. NCC’s program is structured so students can go on to complete their BSN degree. Our technology is top-notch, and you will receive clinical experiences in both large regional medical centers and smaller rural hospitals and clinics. The Associate Degree Nursing completion program is designed for students who have successfully completed the Practical Nursing program at Northwest Iowa Community College, or for the Licensed Practical Nurse eligible to practice who wishes to continue study for an Associate Degree in Nursing (RN). Graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensing Examination (NCLEX) given by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing. Satisfactory performance on the examination (NCLEX) is required for practice as a Registered Nurse. Students in the ADN program learn current nursing theory through comprehensive class and laboratory sessions and apply this knowledge in a clinical/preceptorship at cooperating healthcare facilities. The one-year curriculum prepares students in medical-surgical, geriatric, obstetric, pediatric, and psychiatric nursing areas.
Attractive employment opportunities for nurses are available in all areas of the country. Current and future shortages of nursing personnel have and will create numerous openings for registered nurses.
Student Profile: Excellent people skills, genuine desire to care for people, communication skills, possess math & science background.
This program qualifies for the Iowa Last Dollar Scholarship. Iowa needs people like you to fill exciting jobs in growing industries. To help keep Iowa moving forward, you can get free tuition for programs that lead to high-demand jobs and good-paying careers. This is not a needs-based scholarship. To find out more about this scholarship, including a list of qualifying programs, go to https://nwicc.edu/future-ready-iowa.
NCC was recently notified of several other national rankings by BestAccreditedColleges.org:
- BestAccreditedColleges.org — #4 Best Associate Degrees in Automotive Technology
• BestAccreditedColleges.org — #6 Best Online Associate in Accounting Degrees
- BestAccreditedColleges.org — #25 Best Associate Degrees in Liberal Arts
To find out more call 800-352-4907, email email@example.com, or visit our website at nwicc.edu. At NCC – Your Success is Our Story!