Additional Financial Resources

GAP and PACE assistance is designed to help job seekers secure gainful employment in high-quality, local jobs.

GAP and PACE funding is intended for job seekers who:
• Have a household income at or below program guidelines (see current guidelines, below). Family size is determined by the applicant’s household members who are related to the applicant by blood or by marriage. Dependents, as claimed on taxes, are included.
• Are unemployed
• Are underemployed
• Are dislocated workers
In addition to tuition assistance, GAP and PACE Navigators provide participants with personal, career and support services.



For each additional family member add: $2,838 (3 month income) or $11,350 (annual income).

Family size is determined by blood relation to the applicant or marriage to the applicant, and eligible household members should be residing with the applicant.  Dependents as claimed on taxes are included. April 2021-April 2022

GAP Tuition Assistance Program

GAP Tuition Assistance Program bridges the funding gap for students pursuing short-term certificates that are not eligible for federal aid. Once approved, you will be asked to complete a basic skills assessment. These Continuing Education courses have been approved for GAP Tuition Assistance:
• 30 Hour Welding
• 49 Hour Welding
• Computer Skills for the Workplace
• Crane Operator Certification
• Heavy Equipment Operator
• Medication Aide
• QuickBooks


PACE Funding

PACE tuition assistance is available for:

  • Degree programs aimed at in-demand occupations
  • Certified Nurse Aid training
  • Emergency Medical Technician training
PACE is available to Iowa residents, based on the student’s state of legal residence, and is meant to supplement other financial assistance that students receive. Grants, scholarships, and sponsorships may be applied to eligible expenses before PACE funds are awarded. Students may be required to complete and file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). PACE funding is determined by the availability of funds and may change at any time. Once PACE-approved, participants remain approved as long as they are actively pursuing a degree at NCC with no lapse of attendance for more than two consecutive semesters.

Do you qualify for GAP or PACE?

  1. Complete & submit the GAP-PACE Initial Eligibility form.
  2. A Pathway Navigator will contact you regarding your eligibility status. If it appears that you may qualify, you must complete the GAP-PACE Verification form, provide income documentation, and meet with a Career Pathway Navigator.

NOTE:  Spanish application forms are available upon request.

Contact a Career Pathway Navigator at 712-324-5061 or 800-352-4907.


Vocational Rehabilitation Services (DVRS) provides financial assistance to eligible persons with disabilities. For more information contact a DVRS counselor in your area (Sheldon Office – 1022 Third Avenue – 712-324-4864) or the Financial Aid Office.

Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act

The Iowa Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) provides assistance to people experiencing significant barriers to employment. Funding may be available for retraining eligible students. For more information, contact the WIOA counselor in your area (Spencer Office, 217 W 5th Street, P.O. Box 1493 712-262-1971) or the Financial Aid Office.

Scholarship Opportunities

The Northwest Iowa Community College Foundation offers many scholarship opportunities for students attending Northwest Iowa Community College. Complete information regarding individual scholarships is found in the current Northwest Iowa Community College Foundation Scholarship Opportunity Guide. Hard copies are available through the Foundation Office or Admissions Office at NCC.

Call 712-324-5061 or 800-352-4907 for more information.