Requests with the following circumstances do not usually represent a sound basis for an appeal:
- Personal error in judgement involving availability of finances, academic ability, or time management; lack of knowledge or disregard of withdrawal policies and refund deadlines
- Situations that indicate the student ignored prior correspondence (mail / email / texts / voice messages), failed to ask questions or to take steps to resolve prior to the submission of this form
- Inability to pay; including inability to pay as a result of an incomplete financial aid application or lack of funding from financial aid
If you received Financial Aid for the term in this appeal, be aware that the submission of this form could impact your Financial Aid and result in money owed. Partial or full refunds may require the return of financial aid funds that were used to pay the costs for the term. It is recommended that you discuss these implications with the Financial Aid Office before submitting this appeal request.
You must contact the Business Office within 2 business days of submitting this Appeal Request Form
. You will need to discuss payment arrangements and have a payment plan in place.
- stop by the Business Office to discuss
- call 800-352-4907
- Circumstances relating to your request
- Reason you should be granted a withdrawal grade after the withdrawal deadline
- Reason you should be allowed to continue enrollment after being placed on Academic Suspension
- Reason you should not be held responsible for the balance due / housing deposit / housing fine
- The attempts you have made to resolve the balance due / housing deposit / housing fine
- Reason you should be allowed to enroll even though you have an unpaid past due bill
- What will be different if you return to NCC for a future semester of enrollment
You are encouraged to submit documentation on appropriate official letterhead which supports your claim for an appeal. Documentation may include statements from your health care provider, email correspondence, statements from instructor/employer, obituary/death certificate, verification of successful semesters at other institutions, military orders.
Accepted file types: jpg, gif, png, pdf, Max. file size: 256 MB.
Drop files here or
By submitting this form, I:
- declare that all statements made herein and any attachments are true and correct.
- authorize NCC officials to seek additional information and to conduct whatever investigations may be necessary in considering this request.
understand that the changes I am requesting may affect my Financial Aid and/or student account, and the changes may not be in my favor. After a decision has been made, I will accept responsibility to pay the amount due on my account and acknowledge that the amount I currently owe may now increase. I agree to contact the NCC Business Office to discuss payment arrangements.
- have provided a current and accurate mailing address, email address and phone number on this form.
understand a final decision will be mailed and emailed to me by the appropriate NCC designee.