Strong Mind. Strong Body.
Northwest Iowa Community College’s Lifelong Learning & Recreation Center is available to college students, staff, faculty, and community members. It provides wellness and recreation facilities and equipment, as well as space for trainings, conventions, conferences, and trade shows.
Goals of the LLRC:
- To provide a clean, safe, and friendly environment for all participants.
- To provide opportunities for wellness and recreation for students of NCC and community members.
- To be a resource for wellness information and promote lifelong wellness and learning.
Normal Hours (starting Sunday, August 15)
Monday thru Friday
5 AM to 10 PM
5 AM to 6 PM
1 PM to 10 PM
5:00 AM to 9:00 PM
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
2:00 PM to 7:00 PM
take a virtual tour
Recreation Center FAQs
- Monday–Friday 5:00am–10:00pm
- Saturday 5:00am–6:00pm
- Sunday 1:00pm–10:00pm
Summer Hours (Memorial Day–August 15)
- Monday–Friday 5:00am–9:00pm
- Saturday 8:00am–4:00pm
- Sunday 2:00pm–7:00pm
Yes. The laps per mile for our track are as follows:
- Inside lane = 14 laps/mile
- Middle lane = 13.25 laps/mile
- Outside lane = 12.5 laps/mile
We offer a variety of cardiovascular and strength equipment including:
- Weight machines
- Free weights
- Fitness bikes
- Stair masters
- Different types of ellipticals
The LLRC uses Matrix Fitness equipment, one of the world’s premier commercial fitness brands.
Our basketball court divided into two courts.
It is also a full size tennis and volleyball court.
Our LLRC staff is happy to set up tennis or volleyball standards for you if you call 30 minutes ahead.