Northwest Iowa Community College provides a safe learning and working environment for its students, employees and campus visitors. NCC has earned an A+ in safety from Niche.com and is ranked as the safest college in Iowa by stateuniversity.com.
NCC’s Safety Committee includes employees from all areas of the College. The Committee meets once a month to review current campus safety practices and make recommendations for improvement if needed. Meeting minutes are available to all employees through the NCC web portal. Any employee interested in joining the Committee should contact the Vice President of Operations and Finance.
Areas of focus for the Committee include:
- Annually updating the Emergency Action Plan
- Reviewing campus accident reports.
- ALICE Training
- Fire and tornado drills
- Facility reviews
- General preparation and response training for various emergency events.
- Student education on safety issues
- Supplying campus safety kits
- Coordinating the Emergency Medical Response Team
- Coordination with local law enforcement including annual planning meetings
- Coordination with local weather responders regarding severe weather
- Communicating information on Tornado Shelters
- Procedures for Emergency Notifications